How to File a Claim

If you are an individual and are canceling your trip, please notify our office first. You may email or call us at 866-273-2500 (option #2, customer service). Once you have notified us, we will send you an email with instructions on filing your claim. The instructions are also included in a step-by-step video and pdf below.

If you are cancelling for a “fully covered” reason (e.g. you have been examined by a doctor that has advised not to travel for medical reasons) then you should be entitled to a refund of 100% of your trip cost. If you are canceling for “any reason” and you cancel at least 48 hours prior to departure then you should be entitled to a refund of 70% of your trip cost.

Please note: Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) insurance is not available to residents of New York state.

The insurance sold by Educational Travel Adventures is provided by a third party insurance company called Trip Mate. If you have questions about insurance not answered here, please contact them directly at 800-423-3632 regarding Plan #F437C (non-NY residents) or Plan #F437A (NY residents).

To begin the filing process online, visit and select the blue button that says, “Report New Claim”. For instructions on filing a claim, please watch our video:

You can also view or download a step-by-step guide to filing an insurance claim.